Did you know that approximately 50% of employers use social media recruiting strategies to find, screen, and research job applicants? Is your Internet presence ready to help you land a great job?
Social Media Recruiting for Job Applicants
Depending on the study, some data reports as high as 80% of employers are implementing social media recruiting strategies in some capacity. In 2017, this is expected to become even more common. As a job seeker, what does your social media presence say about you? If it does not reflect the attributes you want an employer to know about you, it’s time to clean it up. Below are some easy tips:
- Set your privacy settings to limit information seen by prospective employers.
- Review all of your social media accounts, even the ones you no longer use.
- Google yourself and see what comes up……this is usually a fun one. Do you like what you see? If not, fix it.
- Remove pictures and nicknames that might not represent you in a favorable manner to a prospective employer.
- If your job(s) or education are listed in your social media accounts, make sure the content on your social media reflects the same content on your resume.
Employer Reviews on Social Media
The use of social media by job applicants is also on the rise. Data shows that the majority of job seekers are using social media to evaluate prospective employers. If your company does not have content on social media that is designed to attract prospective job applicants, it might be time to refresh your strategy. This is especially important for companies hiring job applicants for non-management positions, as this is the largest job seeking population using social media for employment research. Deploying social media recruiting strategies has become essential in today's job market.
Looking for more tips for a successful job search? If so, check out other articles at https://www.kgworkforcesolutions.com/blog/.